Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Out of the mouths of my babes - Madison

Maddy: "Did the Steelers win? They must have because you're happy."

Me: "Ten and 0, baby! Ten and 0! Gotta enjoy it now because we have a short week and a tough one on Thursday. I'm afraid we might just face our first loss in that game."

Madison: "That sounds defeatist to me. What kind of loyal fan has that kind of attitude?"

Tom: "Yeah, it doesn't sound like you're putting much faith in your team."

Me: "It's the Ravens. We beat them once already this year, and they lost for the second time in a week in overtime today against the Tennessee Titans. I'm not sure who I was supposed to root for, but I hate both of them."

Madison: "I know why we hate the Ravens, but why do we hate the Titans?"

Me: "Because they stomped on our terrible towel! After beating us several years ago, a bunch of their players got terrible towels and threw them on the ground, and stomped on them. Wrong thing to do. They've had bad juju every since."

Maddy: "I thought we had JuJu."


Photo: dailysnark.com




No comments: