Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Eight months resolution check

Every two months, I check in to see how I'm doing on my New Year's resolutions. I give myself a score between 1-10 with the hopes that I'm perfect by the end of the year. 


Let's check-in (8 months):


  • To be like 2020 Rebel Wilson and make this year a focus on health, Rebel Wilson lost tons of weight on her health journey. Me? Not so much. Well, not at all. But that wasn't my focus. Or was it? No, I was trying to eat better and exercise. I'd like to not be concerned about weight, but that hasn't happened yet. So, these last months I tried intermittent fasting. My cardiologist told me to wait an hour after exercising to eat breakfast, and I figure why not. The problem with that is I don't want lunch and then I want dinner early. I'm still walking and last month added water aerobics to my routine. At least I was better these two months than the last two. So, win??  Score: 7


  • To eat breakfast before I drink my morning coffee - This resolution is a done deal. Check. Score: 10


  • To think of three positive, happy, uplifting things for every negative thought that runs into my head - This has greatly improved my quality of life where worry and anxiety have ruled. I'm considering this one another check and done. Score: 10


  • To edit book one and complete book two in all phases and attempt to publish. - Book two is edited and with beta readers. I'm still editing book one but have made major plot changes. I'm leaning toward self-publishing, and to do so must write the third book before that can happen. Score: 8


  • To continue down the path of completing past resolutions - I did work on photos. That counts. Score: 2


  • To learn Russian - Slacking on this resolution. Score: 2


Total Score39 out of 50 - Ack! Four more months! 

No comments: