Sunday, September 19, 2021

NFL football 2021 is back!

It's odd, but the more the years pass, the less ready I am for starting the football season. Is it me, or do the months fly by faster since COVID? Of course, once NFL Sunday debuts, I'm off and running. But this year, I skipped most of my participation in my NFL norm. I didn't do a fantasy team. I forgot to make my picks in week 1. I'm not blogging about football.

What???

I know. It's weird, and now that week two has been completed, I'm annoyed I didn't do the above. But, I'm not too unhappy because it was very time-consuming. And now that I'm working--writing--I don't have the time. Is that how you forty-hour weekers feel? I get ya, now.

I decorated before Steelers Sunday. I put out the yearly seven flags that fly in our front yard. I hung my Steelers door wreath and covered the dining room table with my Steelers tablecloth. I totally forgot about Thursday opening night, but in my defense, we'd had some fraud shenanigans in our family, and my SIL had arrived in town. Instead of football, we enjoyed a family dinner.

Sunday, I was in my jersey and before the television in time for Terry Bradshaw and crew on Fox. An hour later, I was not a happy camper. We became a streaming family several months ago. I came kicking and screaming, but the husband allowed me to choose our dominant streaming provider. I went with Fubo after much consideration because they had the most sports, including, at that time, the Redzone Channel. But, come Sunday, that was suddenly an extra charge. 

I had a meltdown. Not a full-blown attack. Because since the pandemic, I'm not as quick to erupt--I should state in my opinion. I'm sure my kids will say differently. Still, I was not happy. I tried everything, including logging in with my MIL's provider. Nothing worked. While the Steelers were on local TV, I could not view the rest of the league. Good thing I wasn't blogging football this year!

This Sunday, I whined and muttered under my breath a lot before announcing my unhappiness with our loss of cable. In the time it took me to slip into my Steelers jersey (and can I just tell you I went with a different one than last week because I'm trying not to be superstitious--yeah, that didn't go well), my husband forked over the extra monthly payment, and I had the Redzone Channel! 

He's a prince! 

Plus, he wants me to believe we're saving money by dropping cable television. 

Either way, I can now start paying attention. I'll be ready for Week 3. I can't say the same for the Steelers, but I will be.  

No comments: