Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Welcome Oleg's famiy

The rest of June was spent readying things for Oleg's family. Once the United States started the Uniting for Ukraine program for war refugees who have left Ukraine, Oleg began working to bring his family from Poland. His job started a fundraiser, my BILs sponsored the family, and my MIL lent them the use of her home. 

Oleg received word before our Indiana trip that they had been accepted, so once we arrived home, we got to work! My MIL had already moved into her new home, and my SIL had tidied the old house, but we had to move furniture and clean. 

Sofie and Darcy did the heavy lifting one day. Madison and I cleaned another. Darcy and I shopped for needed items, and Oleg and I shopped for groceries. It took over a week to get everything in shape, but we were ready on time.




Darcy and Oleg went to the airport for the pick-up. Maddy, Tom, and I waited at the house. It was a very emotional introduction and welcome, to say the least. 


We are very thankful they are here. My heart is packed with gratitude for those who helped, from the financial donors to friends and especially Tom's family. Thank you for opening your wallets and hearts to a family who left everything behind. We love you all. 

No comments: