Sunday, June 05, 2022

Welcome summer 2022

During a very stressful May week, Darcy got rear-ended. No one was hurt. A vehicle three car lengths in front lost an object, stopped in the road, and while Darcy ran over said object and managed to stop on a dime before banging into the person ahead of her, the car behind her did not. The girl was too focused on not hitting the object.

Darcy: "I literally had just thought, "whew, I avoided that accident," when BAM, I got hit."




It was minor, yet not little enough to ignore. I got called while on my way to pick up our dinner. I gave that job to Madison and drove to the scene--in my bathing suit, flip flops, and very not-age-appropriate swim cover-up.

Darcy: "Where you insulted the police officer."

Me: "He was a state trooper, and I did no such thing. I merely asked a question."

The state trooper gave no one a ticket. He told us the fault lay with the driver three lengths in front of Darcy. The driver who managed to retrieve the object and get the hell out of dodge before the trooper arrived. 

Zero proof. No evidence. 

Me: "So, if our camera caught this driver, who should we contact?"

Him: "You have a dash cam?"

Darcy: "I do."

Him: "It probably won't give you much. It was three lengths in front of you."

Me: "What? Where's your sense of adventure? Let's solve this mystery!"

Darcy: "Right there! That was an insult! He wasn't a detective."

Me: "He was good-looking. And sexy. I use that as my defense. Plus, I was starving. It all made for a combination of giddiness. Besides, he did come up with a solution."

Him: "Maybe if you roll it back several minutes, the car passed you. Then you might get the make and model or even a license."

Me: "See! That's a great idea. That's what I'm talking about."

FYI - the dash cam showed nothing because it was full. Or some such nonsense. I believe it was a user error, and by that, I mean Tom.

We waited hours for a tow truck. The first one blew us off. I forget what happened to the second one. Eventually, Tom got the car where he could drive it home.

The next day we took it to the repair shop. They said we'd be lucky to have it by July, even though the damage was minimal compared to the car that hit her.


That's us--starting the summer with a BANG!


No comments: