Monday, February 20, 2023

February birthdays


Nikita and his mother have birthdays a week apart, so it was a solid two weeks of fun and cake. We celebrated Nikita's with BBQ at Sonny's, and we pretty much closed the place down. On a Monday, with everyone coming from work and two counties, it was hectic, but we managed. By the time we left, I was swimming in liquid because Sonny believes in BIG cups. 


The Saturday after that celebration, we had brunch to celebrate Nataly's birthday, and then we played putt-putt on the beach. Putt-Putt is not a Ukrainian thing, and feeding the alligators was almost as exciting as the game.


I made sure to talk a lot of smack beforehand, which is hilarious since putt-putt is not my thing. It's my brother's family's thing. I'm not clueless, however, having come from a golfing family. The weather was wonderful, and because we were a big group, we had to split into two. That left me in the adult group with the two who had never played before, so yeah, I was safe. 



I ended up knowing the person who worked the front, and she was thrilled to see me. Our kids danced together, and I taught hers how to swim, so she hooked us up with great discounts.

The "children" group was not well behaved. They played in front of us, and I think their goals were how to play putt-putt in any way other than correctly. Oddly, holes-in-one were scored.

Maddy: "It said to keep on the path. We did that."





Darcy won overall, but I won out of my group. The other two caught on quickly, though, so I might have to practice some at home just in case this becomes a birthday tradition.

No comments: