Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Resolution 2023 - two month check-in

How have two months gone by already? No matter, it's check-in time. Remember, I'm changing my scoring between 0-2, adding to each month for a total of 12 for each resolution. 

Personal Goals:

  • Paint my home space - My ceilings haven't been painted since we first moved in. My living room and my hallway need an overhaul. My bedroom could use it too, but that isn't as important as the first two. - There has not been any painting, but I have visited two paint stores, gotten millions of paint samples, discussed painting questions with said experts, searched the database for fabric samples, and scheduled the paint day. So, BAM! Working on it. Score: 2


  • Entice Tom to build my shelves to display my playing card collection - I collect playing cards. I need somewhere to display them, and Tom drew out plans for what I found on Etsy. He claims he can knock it out, "don't waste your money." Once I get the paint done, this comes next. - The only thing I've enticed Tom to do is get rid of the almost 30-year-old couch in the Steelers room and allow me to paint the living room. I have to be gentle with him. I have, however, gone through the cards and counted them. Score - 1


  • Travel - Can't let those Wyndham points go to waste. - I didn't travel, but I've made some arrangements, which counts. Score - 1


  • Lower my cholesterol - I retake it in May or June. - I don't get tested until later in the year, but I did count calories in January and lost five pounds. I have started back to the gym. I am eating oatmeal. Bam! Score 2


  • Exercise/Healthy eating habits - This goes with the above, but I do need to shed some weight for my own mental health, not to mention the flip side of the coin. I lost five pounds, and I started back to the gym. Score - 2


  • Catch up on my blog - Writing has kept me from this. My readers are complaining. I need to catch up! - Oops! - Score - 0


Total - 8 out of 12 - Look at me go!

No comments: