Monday, June 07, 2010

Readying the room for black & gold

I am turning my playroom/office area into a Pittsburgh Steelers rec room. On Saturday I purchased a black couch that will be delivered next week. This week I am frantically searching for flooring and wall color.

I wanted to match the gold color that I have in my living room, but alas, my husband threw out the leftover paint and the top with all of the paint information. I threw out the paint chip a few weeks ago because I knew I had leftover paint with all the info on it. Once again I am trying to match paint.

This time I gave up and decided to start anew, using this clock my sister-in-law gave me for my room.


I brought home a paint sample chosen by my eldest daughter and okayed by my friend Kelly. I painted two coats and examined it in the evening, the morning, and the afternoon. I liked it so well that I purchased a gallon.


Tomorrow I shall start putting the color on the walls with the help of my employees who wished to be paid in candy.

Later I moved on to carpet samples. I have narrowed it down to two choices.





The carpet will be accompanied by a section of the same tile I used in my kitchen and dining room. I'm hoping that it will be dog & kid resistant.

I still have two recliners to either sell or re-cover. Re-covering is quite expensive and I'm not sure it is worth it. I found an upholstery place today and discussed it with the owners. Over $400 a chair. Yikes!

Still have to find desks, but I think that IKEA has what I have in mind. I would like to have a work space for the girls that will allow them their computers, sewing machine, scrapbooking, and area for school projects. I have found something online at IKEA. Now I just have to visit the store and decide.

Decisions. Decisions. And of course I want it all done NOW!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love the paint, great color and love the first carpet sample "summer straw" ... the room is gonna look fab!! Can't wait to see it... in November.. :(