Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Birthday

Today my nephew, Austin, turns 18 years old.  Holy Toledo!  How did that happen?

I remember when he was in his mother's belly.  I remember hearing the news that he had entered the world.  I remember seeing him for the first time.  I remember how little he looked in Tom's big hands.  I remember how much I couldn't wait to see him and interact with him.  I remember how much he ate!  I remember how happy he was.  I remember him the day of his sister's funeral.  I remember the games he use to play.  I remember his chubby little hands in my own.  I remember how careful he was in everything. I remember teaching him how to eat a watermelon.  I remember his interacting with Madison.  I remember when he started school at the same school I attended.  I remember following him in a golf tournament.  I remember him and his attitude so like Axel from the TV show, The Middle.  I remember his kindness when you least expected it.  I remember his giving of attention even when he thought me old and annoying. I remember when he started high school.  I remember his loosing tons of weight and becoming too skinny.  I remember him texting and talking to girls.  I remember him the last time I saw him at Christmas.

Happy Birthday to a great kid! (Sorry, you'll always be a kid to me!)

1 comment:

Susan said...

LOVE the baby photo:)) thanks sweet Auntie Cara!