Monday, May 02, 2011

Wordly tiny tidbits

  1. Number one has to be the death of Osama bin Laden by US military.  We were watching movies last night and didn't get the news until after midnight when I went online to check what time my redbox movies could be returned.  The news made me want to run outside and set off fireworks, despite the tiny remorse I felt for the death of another human.  Good for the USA as a booster.  Hopefully, it propels us forward to continue in the fight against terrorists.
  2. Friday was the big wedding between Prince William (Arthur Phillip Louie) and Kate Middleton.  I recorded it and watched it later in the day with Kelly.  I found it to be a wonderful escape into a world that we have no knowledge of save for television and movies.  I thought the couple looked happy, relaxed and well poised.  Kate is a beautiful woman and more so decked out in her wedding finery.  CNN did a great job with Anderson Cooper and Piers Morgan, knowing when to shut the hell up and when to talk.  NBC Today's show, on the other hand, couldn't stop talking over each other.  Worse moment:  when they talked as the Queen entered the abbey.  CNN captured that moment well with silence from their hosts so that the rest of us could hear the trumpets as the Queen entered.  Goosebump moment.
  3. Each year I remember the death of my niece, who died the next day after Princess Diana died.  Her birthday this year was on the day Princess Diana's firstborn was wedded.  I thought that goosebumpy too.
  4. I haven't been on facebook in a couple of months.  When I saw that a friend of mine had not responded to an invitation to our soccer picnic I got on facebook to see what had happened recently in her life.  I discovered her mother had died, and in the process of responding personally back and forth with her I also discovered a family death.  And then happily an engagement of someone who I think deserves the best as she gives back so freely of herself.  And then a pregnancy.  Life going full circle from death to happiness...right there on facebook.
  5. About to go to Costa Rica, a country I have never been nor had any thought of visiting.  I haven't been out of the country since the summer before my 8th grade year.  It is exciting, yet I'm always a nervous traveler until I reach my destination.  Plenty of things to keep me busy here in preparation.  Hopeful I will relax once I get there.

No comments: