Friday, December 02, 2011

Week in review

  1. Had to call 911 for my mother who spent four days in the hospital with severe dehydration and stress to her kidneys.
  2. Would have enjoyed hospitalized mother's entertaining hallucinations of sledding in the snow, visiting ladies' houses, seeing Madison hiding in corners, etc. if I hadn't been so worried about her mental state.
  3. Asked husband to take car in for oil change and he returned it with a broken window. In his defense the window was already broken (motor issues), but the girls and I had it rigged so that it was closed. Husband lowered it and then could only close it so far, leaving a nice open gap.
  4. Drove all day in a rainstorm with broken window. The towel I had to put across the interior of the door sopped up some of it, but not much.  To rid the car of wet upholstery smell, I purchased fast food at McDonald's.
  5. Had my yearly physical exam where I found out I had shot up in my total cholesterol levels, with the bad cholesterol higher than last check.  Wondered briefly if McDonald's fast food contributed to that. 
  6. Picked brother up at the airport telling myself all the way there that I needed to mention the broken window so that he wouldn't try to open it.  Brother opened door, got inside, shut door, and then proceeded to open broken window to spit out his gum.  I screamed.  The window crackled and lowered five inches.  Brother attempted to fix it.  Slowly, the entire window lowered into the door.
  7. Was going to the gym this morning to work on cholesterol issue, but can not park the car anywhere but the garage for fear of robbery of car contents.
  8. Read an article on Yahoo about how to clean your house in record time.  Attempted this method in the Steelers room, starting in one corner like suggested.  Got as far as the second corner before getting sidetracked by my own messy desk.  Got waylaid there trying to clean and organize and instead created another dirty, messy, disorganized pile that now has to be cleaned.  Gave up cleaning Steelers room for another day.
  9. While cleaning desk quickly checked in on facebook which led to returning to my farm in farmville.  Spent several minutes trying to remember how to work things and was depressed about how much I had forgotten.  Wondered why yearly physical didn't include memory test.  Must work on that in the coming year....if I can remember.
  10. Fixed daughter lunch for school with delicious ham and cheese on Hawaiian rolls.  Later when cleaning up mess, wondered where bread tie had gone to.  Found out after school daughter discovered it in her sandwich.  "I tasted something crunchy in my ham sandwich," was how she started telling the story.

No comments: