Saturday, December 10, 2011

Week in review

  1. Brother came.  I had some peace of mind.  Brother returned home.  My stress level rose.
  2. In the beginning of the year while taking my brother to the airport from my mother's house I made the wrong turn and ended up in Tampa at the wrong airport.  I DID IT AGAIN on this trip.  Although, I recognized my blunder a bit earlier this time and got turned around quicker.  My brother took it all in stride, but he tweeted it.
  3. Could not do Christmas shopping until my window got fixed.  Repair guy, Steve, liked to call me twice daily to "verify" our appointment day.  He finally arrived late Tuesday afternoon and did a bang up job.  I did not let my brother touch the window on the way to the airports airport.
  4. I got an email regarding Darcy's holiday class party, and feeling chipper after a day of being among the Christmas elite, I answered the planners' plea for cups, napkins, and plates and volunteered.  I said let me know how many are needed, thinking 12 or 15.  The answer came back:  60 of each!
  5. My dog gets cuter and more loving every day and just wiggles right into my heart.  The little fart.
  6. Finally headed out to do Christmas shopping and ended up only buying major household items like toothpaste, cleaning detergents, and toilet paper.
  7. Decorated the tree that sat in our living room naked for six days.  Maddy is our light girl.  Darcy and I are the ornament girls.  It is a great system and we played Christmas songs and ate candy canes while doing it.
  8. Came to the realization that the month of December is not going to be the month I resolve all my years' resolutions.
  9. Lost two pounds on my new health regime of no soda, no greasy fast food, and minimal sugar. 
  10. Listened to Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith approximately 1,045 times. I still don't have the fourth verse memorized.

No comments: