Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happy day to me


Happy Birthday to me!  Today I am 48 years old which is no big deal because I thought I was 48 years old most of the past year.  This has happened to me twice before, the first time when I was pregnant for the first time and everyone chalked it up to that.  I have figured it out though.  I like even numbers.  I don't know why.  They are easier in some way or something.  So each birthday that falls on an odd number I tend to push it up a year unconsciously.


The first time this past year that I realized it was this summer on Kelly's birthday when she said she was 48 years old.  We always have a thing where I say she is older (which she is) and she says she isn't (which she is) and that was happening until she said she was 48 years old.  I got a tad snippy and reminded her she was 49 years old.  She said I had lost my mind.  I thought this was part of our game (where she is older) and this went on back and forth for a while until we both got irritated and she had me do the math.  It is always exciting to find out that one is younger than one is.





After that episode I received a call from one of the MANY republican phone solicitors wanting me to take a survey regarding the upcoming election.  I kept straying from the script trying to explain my disappointments with the republican tea party and how I believe that everyone deserve a chance to live his or her way in this country.  I was a bit fired up regarding the matter and when it came time to tell him my personal age I told him I was 48, believing that.  It wasn't until I hung up that Madison reminded me I was 47.  Oops, I did it again.




So I am now officially 48 years.  For another whole year!  How exciting is that?  I will now be correct in telling my age.  And I'm still younger than Kelly!  Life is good.





No comments: