Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday morning sports recap - Week #11

Steelers:

So much for the bee uniforms. I have to admit that I was feeling good after getting all the games correct this week leading up to the night game, finding a heads up penny in the parking lot before the game, and then seeing the boys in the bee suits. Then Byron Leftwich ran in for the touchdown in the first few minutes and suddenly I was sure we would pull this game off. Turns out I was wrong.

Leftwich - Made some good plays. Made some bad plays. Unfortunately we needed more of the good plays. He made some odd throws in the game that he will watch back tomorrow and hopefully never do them again.

Dwyer - Did his best in running the ball, but we needed him running it in the end zone and that never happened.

Defense - The game was a defensive one on both sides with seven sacks total. Both defenses played well. Ike Taylor continues his unbelievable defensive play. If only they could have held on to some of those balls Flacco threw.

Turning point - The Ravens punt return for a touchdown. The Steelers have had too many of those this year. As many as they have in penalties which was another point. Two men offsides? Come on guys!

Other:

I didn't get to watch football yesterday. We are enjoying the holiday with family visiting from Chicago and we are in Orlando for a few days killing ourselves at Universal Studios. I had to rely on my ESPN mobile app to keep track of the games. I then caught up in the bar at Bonefish with the NBC Pregame show. So instead of recaps I'll share 10 things that stood out in what I saw recapped for me.

1. I did a great job in picks...until the Steelers/Ravens game.
2. New England loosing tight end Rob Gronkowski to a broken forearm is huge.
3. The Bucs are not a fluke.
4. The Jaguars are refusing to roll over and die.
5. Three overtime games in one week is exciting even while following on mobile apps.
6. Manning and Brady are still the kings.
7. Not as many concussed QBs this week.
8. RGIII scoring four touchdowns? Boy has had the year all rookie quarterbacks dream of.
9. The Saints are marching right along. Who knew?
10. Well, since Chicago is playing San Francisco at least one team with a back up quarterback (playing due to injuries from last week) will win this week.

No comments: