Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday football picks - Week #16

Last Week - 9 - 7
Overall - 144 - 80
 
New Orleans over Dallas - I'm not sure what my thinking on this was.  Perhaps I was still annoyed from last week?  New Orleans is out of things I believe so winning does nothing except screw up the Cowboys.  Wouldn't that be sweet?

Green Bay over Tennessee - Yeah, this was a no-brainer despite the Titans beating the Jets on Monday night.  Did you read that?  Beating the Jets.  Ain't the same as beating the Packers.

Indianapolis over Kansas City - Indianapolis has to win this game.  Gee, how hard is that?

Miami over Buffalo - I picked Miami for the hell of it because when I don't they win and this week they are at home.

Jets over Chargers - Uh, not sure my thinking on this one either, but I'm starting to see a pattern, aren't you?  No Sanchez as quarterback for the Jets and no Tebow either so this might be interesting.  The Chargers might want to play or they might not want to.  Who knows?

Washington over Philadelphia - The Eagles are out of it despite their better play after the firing of several people.  Washington, Dallas, and New York are all tied and fighting to the death so I don't see the Eagles winning over a team that has got to win and that has heart.

Pittsburgh over Cincinnati -  Crucial game for both teams.  Could be bloody.  We will see who wants it more.

Tampa Bay over St. Louis - I don't know why I keep picking the Bucs because they either don't have faith in themselves or their coaches, but I certainly hope they keep on chugging because it is their job.

Carolina over Oakland - Pretty much these two teams are fighting each other for nothing so I went with the team I thought had more guts.

New England over Jacksonville - Gee, some teams get breaks at the end, don't they?  A walk in the park for Tom Brady and company.

Houston over Minnesota - This is a big game for Minnesota, but I think the Texans still want to prove something to the public and media so that's why I went with them, but look for Adrian Peterson to try to prove me wrong.

Denver over Cleveland - Peyton Manning is working to get to the bowl so he won't be letting the Browns take charge.

Chicago over Arizona - Da Bears are tied with the Vikings so they too will be looking for a win here.  The Cardinals?  I think they are still looking for a way to play winning football and it is too late.

Baltimore over Giants - This should be a good game if the Giants feel like playing the kind of game they were playing five weeks ago.  Both teams are coming off of three weeks of losing.  Both teams need this game or need other teams to lose if they can't.  I just went with the team I think is meaner.

San Fransisco over Seattle - The Seahawks need this game and the 49ers don't, but that isn't the way Jim Harbaugh plays so I think he will like sticking it to Pete Carroll.  But I don't think it will be an easy game as Seattle's defense is awfully tough.

No comments: