Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Work in progress

I have not been blogging due to some unforeseen complications, but rest assured I will be back at it as soon as material and circumstances allow. First up was my wireless keyboard acting funky giving me capitol letters, missing letters, triple letters, etc. as I wrote. I replaced the batteries twice and finally gave up, requesting help from the computer master. First thing he said?

Tom: "You have to first replace the batteries. Try that first."

Do I know this man or what? His temporary solution was to give me an old keyboard from his computer parts stash in the garage. The day I got that the youngest daughter awoke with a fever and yucky "I feel like I'm going to throw up" stomach. After several hours of television, meds, and loving, maternal care she was resting comfortably on the couch. Then came the panic of not being able to reach the wheelchair grandma who lives thirty minutes from me by car. After an hour of phoning her, I left sick daughter at home, picked up eldest daughter from school, and drove to the condo where we had to dial 911 for grandma who had been asleep for the past 21 hours. She is resting in the hospital where they are running tests and declaring her healthy with no answer to why she is weak and shaky.

Fireman responder: "Can you tell me your name?"

Connie: "Oh, don't do that. Don't start asking me dumb questions. I know who I am. I know where I am. I know who the President is, but I won't say his name because I don't like him."

It was quite the scene in the little condo with three hefty fireman, Connie in the wheelchair, Madison and me, and the next door neighbor who had initially awakened her. By the time the two paramedics with the ambulance arrived we were all snickering at Connie's humor and the firemen were going back to the station with some entertaining stories.

Fireman responder: "Connie, why are you not looking at me?"

Connie: "Because I can't see you."

FR: "Are you blind Connie?"

Connie: "No, I'm not blind. See"



When everything gets back to normal I shall return to blogging. Sorry for the delay!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hope everyone starts feeling better, no one else gets sick and all your computer stuff is working 100%. I miss your blogs. They are quite entertaining:)