Friday, March 22, 2013

Serenity

This too was in my photo stash recently discovered in my closet the other day.  I thought today a good one to post this because my dad died on this day fifteen years ago.  He sent this to me, but I don't know when.  Amazingly he did not put a date on it.


This is a picture of me with my Mason grandparents at the farm.  It is a picture made from a slide my dad took in the 60's.  He put it into this old frame card he must have found in a pile of old pictures.  He attached that note at the top.


When I saw this in my stash I had no memory of it and wondered if whatever he had put behind the picture was still there.  It was.


Serenity!  He was a nut.  I miss him.

2 comments:

Susan said...

What great photos!! Your father was a nut and a very kind man! I miss him too:(

Michelle said...

I love Russ. What a great guy. I miss him too. I didn't realize that my daughter was born on the day he died. I remember being in the hospital having my son Tyler on the day of his funeral so I couldn't come to it. My mom and brother came up after the funeral to see Tyler. I've always said he was my sons guardian angel since he was born on the day of the funeral. Apparently he is my daughters too:)