Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring Break is finally over - Hallelujah!

10 reasons why I'm thrilled this past week has come to an end:

  1. Youngest Daughter started out her spring break with a sprained ankle.  She slid while playing basketball the Thursday before the break began and her ankle was so swollen she didn't get to school on Friday.
  2. My mother ended up terrible sick on Thursday while in rehab.  By Friday afternoon she was unresponsive and the rapid response team sent her to the ER where I was told the doctors had done all they could for her and it was now up to her.  My brother was called and frantically tried to find a private plane to fly him to Florida.  After nine hours in the ER my mother decided she wanted to live and began fighting to get back.  She was moved to the main hospital and ICU by midnight of Saturday morning.  My brother made it to Florida Saturday morning by commercial flight.  Connie spent four days in ICU and then was moved into a regular room in the hospital.
  3. Our lawn was killed with harsh chemicals in preparation for our new sod so that we had to avoid stepping outside in the front yard.  The dog didn't understand why he couldn't step foot in the front yard and we spend considerable time wrangling with him on the leash.  Then at the beginning of the week the workers began quite early tearing up the lawn with loud machines so that sleeping in was almost an impossibility.  The new grass, however, is beautiful.
  4. I came home on Tuesday to find that the cabinet under my kitchen sink was flooded.  A pipe under the sink had a hole in it so cooking and cleaning suddenly became more of a chore then normal.  Husband replaced the garbage disposal and pipes under the sink on Friday.
  5. My DVR got full and didn't record important shows.  For someone who loves TV this was terrible.
  6. Eldest daughter started vomiting on Thursday night.  She had fever, headache, and stomach issues for three days.  The first night of vomiting I spent the night sleeping on a love seat in the living room, my legs hanging off the side.  She has since recovered.
  7. The weather was in the 50's and the 60's.  I had already put away my winter clothes in my cleaning of my closet, and with my mother in the hospital not much laundry was getting done.  I lived in my Steelers pants that are several sizes too big, much to my mother's dismay.
  8. The Indiana Hoosiers men's basketball team lost.  And they lost without really showing any emotion or excitement about playing basketball.  Duds.
  9. My brother insisted on eating at the same place for lunch every day; Buffalo Wild Wings.  My stomach has yet to recover.
  10. My diet was thrown out the window during this week and the weeks since we called 911 for my mother.  This has resulted in me being more tired, anxious, and yucky feeling.  I plan to jump back on the diet come Monday.

No comments: