Friday, March 01, 2013

Two month 2013 resolution check



It is that time of the year when I weigh in on how well I'm doing on the New Year's resolutions that I made.  I score myself from 1 - 10 and tally up the scores, aiming for a perfect 50 points.  I've yet to ever get that 50, but I keep thinking that I will and that is what is important.
  1. To get down to a certain weight (which will not be mentioned here for all to see) by eating healthy and exercising - I have done very well on this resolution for the first two month.  I started a diet and I am shedding pounds, although slower than I would have hoped.  I'm exercising and have lowered my total cholesterol.  I am eating healthy meals and snacks.  While I've not reached my goal weight I am on the right track so I'm scoring this perfectly.  Score: 10
  2. To organize my schedule, my desk, my home, and finish the scanning/organizing of photos.  That means getting rid of stuff and boxing up and storing other stuff. - This is a hard one to explain, but it boils down to I need to be more organized each day to achieve everything by the end of the week.  I started out well with this one, but still haven't done enough to master it.  I am doing better then last year, but still have more to do. Score:  4
  3. To work on my patience and try to not be so uptight.  To channel my inner Sharons, two people who I think handle life calmly -I feel I've done well with this one and so do my children, although I still have a ways to go.  Score:  7
  4. To get into couponing to save money - I have clipped and organized my coupons, but still have trouble remembering to bring them with me.  I am much better, however, and have saved some cash.  Our grocery recently went digital and I'm signed up for that.  Score:  5
  5. To contribute more articles to Yahoo and Google and try to earn some cash - Well, four out of five isn't too bad to start off with it.  I did earn a check for the ads on my blogs this past month so that earns me some score, but I haven't done any writing for Yahoo.  Score: 4
Total:  30 out of 50 points - This is probably the highest I have ever been this early in the year.  I just hope to keep trucking these next two months and get at least five points higher!  I just know I'll be a perfect score by the end of the year!  Fingers crossed.


No comments: