Monday, April 21, 2014

5 things to start the week

  1. Outside my window this weekend were two lizards hanging out on my neighbor's fence. It rained most of the day and usually the little creatures are no where to be seen, but sometime during a lull in the wet weather the little buggers crept out from wherever it is they reside to sit on the fence. They sat apart at firs,t and then little by little moved right next to each other for companionship or warmth I wasn't sure of either.  Watching them just sitting there made me feel happy, like friendship or love exists everywhere we look. Every time I looked up from my computer they were there just sitting, together. Then, as I tried of course to get their photograph, they stood up and moved away, their tails to one another as they slowly wandered off, each in a different direction.
  2. Darcy started rehab this past week on her multi-directional instability shoulder. She left me filling out paperwork in the waiting area so I wasn't a part of what was happening, but when it was all over I was $35 poorer. To rehabilitate means she needs to work on these exercises at home and to do that she needs the proper equipment which thus far includes a therapy ball, a resistance band, a bar, and 2 pound weights.
  3. We had our last day I suspect of cool weather this past week. I went to bed to almost 80 degree weather and woke up to 47 degrees. I got to wear my Steelers sweatpants one more day and managed to keep them on all day, despite it warming up to around 70 degrees. We have had such a beautiful spring here this year that I hope it doesn't mean we will die of heat this summer.
  4. The television season is coming to a close, but I have to say the new trend of introducing new shows for the summer is a welcome. Use to be that we turned to Redbox and Netflix for our summer viewing, but now we are still helping the networks pay their bills. I've got the return of Devious Maids, Mistresses, Rizzoli & Isles, and Motive, and I'm looking forward to Black Box, Riot, and Night Shift to name a few. I just wish I could catch up on some of the network shows that I opted out of watching this year, but the networks have gotten smart on their online viewing and shows are only on for a short time so unless my Netflix streaming picks them up I guess I'm out of luck.
  5. For the past few days I have had no sound on my computer. I have spent hours crawling under my mess of a desk (which caused me to vacuum and clean dust, not to mention organize crap) following electric cords from one end of the monitors and computers to the other end. I told my husband I had no sound, but did he respond to that with the reason for this problem? No. Instead he made remarks such as, "You have no sound? What does that mean?" or "Why would you have lost sound?" I gave up on having him help me. Yesterday when I remarked aloud to Darcy, who was at her desk, that I had no sound, WTH, she told me it was because her father had removed my power strip and unplugged my speakers. Really? So much for my deduction skills. And so much for a truthful, loyal husband. Guess who spent some time yesterday running around trying to fix my problem? Uh huh.

No comments: