Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Out of the mouths of my babes, whew!

While cleaning my desk this weekend, I noticed the bottle of water I purchased from the Fountain of Youth in St. Augustine, FL. I keep it on my desk, and while I've never sipped from this bottle, I did partake from the fountain during the tour. Then I purchased this bottle--just in case.


Turning it, I discovered the water level has gone down considerably. YIKES!


I first thought someone had been nipping to preserve his/her youth, but then I wondered if the bottle was trying to tell me something. It stunned me. What was the meaning? 

Madison: "Technically, the Fountain of Youth in St. Augustine is just a myth. Ponce de Leon didn't really discover it, some lady invented all of that."

I fact-checked her--because, hello! There is no historical or archaeological evidence that Ponce de Leon bathed or drank from the springs in St. Augustine. A physician from Chicago, Luella Day McConnell, purchased the land in 1904 and opened the attraction. 

Oh. Whew!

I threw the bottle in the trash. 

No comments: