Saturday, July 12, 2014

5 things to start the weekend


  1. My family is coming! My SIS and niece will be here this evening for a week. We are hanging here for three days and spending four days in Pompano Beach. Usually we are in Indiana this time of the year, but with Maddy's schedule we knew that wouldn't happen this year. Susan usually comes in June, but with Gabby's driving schedule she had to push it back a month. July in Florida is rainy season (if we are lucky) so I've warned Susan ahead of time. We have had rain all week long, but as it always is in Florida it doesn't hang around all day. We are hoping for a great week!
  2. Both girls are driving! Thanks to my friends and my husband the girls have gotten driving lessons. Darcy has more confidence because she has had more experience. She took up my friend, SueG's, offer to drive and they have been out every week. Madison has done more driving with her dad and Kelly, but she did drive with SueG this past week and might continue those lessons. Tom takes one or both girls to The Condo each Saturday to switch out one of the four cars we have now so that it doesn't look too much like a used car lot in front of our house. That is great driving experience. I have kept to my word and not driven with them until today. Today Darcy talked me into letting her drive to Sam's Club. She did great and I did fine. I drove home, however. I didn't think I should start out crazy the first time or she would take over driving ALL the time. I'm not sure my nerves can handle that just yet.
  3. My nails are growing! After my mother died I stopped chewing my nails. I'm not sure why, but they are strong and long, at least for me. I file them. I paint them. I use all sorts of decorative things on them. When they are naked I do put them in my mouth so I try to keep them covered with something. It is quite exciting, although sort of a bother. Now if I can just stop putting extra food in my mouth.
  4. Orange is the New Black! That is an original show on Netflix that I have started watching. I have to say though that I feel very naughty when viewing it as I'm not a premium cable girl. The nudity and sex is quite open and revealing, but the stories are interesting and entertaining. The show just received several Emmy nominations in the comedy category which I found odd. I laugh, but I feel kind of depressed after watching it. I definitely can't watch more than two episodes in a row as it is intense, but I do enjoy it.
  5. There is an APP for everything. I have one child that has bowel issues, but apparently that is quite common now in children. I know of at least four kids that are on a daily regime of Miralax. My child has been to a gastroenterologist, but except for telling her to take Miralax as needed he did nothing. Since she is of an age where I don't monitor that any more I never know there is a problem until there is a problem. The other day I reminded her, once again, that she needed to be more on top of that thing, and I suggested she keep track of her bowels daily. She agreed and then returned a few minutes later to tell me that she had downloaded a poop APP for that very purpose. Now why didn't I think of that? 

No comments: