Saturday, July 26, 2014

5 things to start the weekend


  1. Our neighbors are leaving. One by one they are putting up houses for sale or going off to visit children in other states for several months. It all happened at once it seems and it makes us sad. But then as usual, my husband, reverses things with his we-could-get-great-new-neighbors attitude, and I try. I really try to have that same this-is-a-new-experience set of mind, but I love my neighbors and don't want to see them go or lose touch with them in this new stage of life.
  2. The girls and I are heading out again next week. I have a business trip. That is what I have decided to call it because in a way it just might turn out to be. My mother purchased Wyndham vacation owner points, tons of them, and now my brother and I are responsible for the monthly cost of maintaining this ownership property. I'm thinking this could turn out to be a business opportunity in that I can sell points to people looking to vacation at a nice resort. I already do this for family and friends, but to venture further out into the market I feel I must investigate some of the new resorts that are springing up. The girls are tagging along to help me in my research.
  3. Kelly's father told her, when calling to wish her a happy birthday earlier this month, that 50 to 55 years of age would be the "greatest times of her life". I have discussed this with various people that I run into where health and age conversation pop up, and so far everyone past that age has agreed with her dad. I'm hoping that maybe this research and words of wisdom help me out of my yearly funk of turning half a century old.
  4. We are planning a family reunion of sorts in South Carolina in November. It is something my mother always talked about us doing and now we are actually making the plans to move forth on it. Sort of bittersweet, but exciting nonetheless. I like that maybe I'm doing things in her memory, even though I didn't do it when she was alive.
  5. We are in a terrible rut. We have been since the beginning of July. The summer blues have hit us and we stay up late, sleep all morning, and lounge around all day. I am determined to change all of that. But I'll start on Monday....

No comments: