Sunday, January 04, 2015

NFL Morning Recap - Playoffs

I had so much to say last night as I drove home, but then I woke up to the death of Stuart Scott and suddenly football was put into perspective. Scott, an ESPN employee for over 20 years and host of SportsCenter, died this morning from cancer at the age of 49. I am sadden by the news. He was my favorite host and sports analyst. He was bold, intelligent, loyal, funny, and true to himself. He was an icon to those of us who love sports, and he was a sparkle and an entertainer that made sports interesting to those who were forced to watch with spouses, parents, children, etc. I followed Scott's battle with cancer via his posts on social media and knew when he went silent and absent from television in November that things weren't good. Still it was a shock this morning to hear he was gone.

“When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer,” Scott told the audience when he accepted the Jimmy V Perseverance Award at the Espy's. “You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live.” 

Prayers and hugs to Scott's daughters and his family. As Steve Harvey tweeted this morning, "The other side of the pillow is wet with tears today."


And, as Scott would have done, I turn back to football. I missed the first game between the Cardinals and the Panthers because I was confused on times and channels. As for my Steelers, I think Dejan Kovacevic said everything I felt and wanted to say right here. 

1 comment:

Susan said...

Loved reading about him, very sad. I love your new design too.