Friday, April 22, 2016

Arriving...


This arrived in my mailbox this week. It is a flyer from a local Honda dealer and it was addressed to my husband. The dealer wants my husband to know that he will give him "the opportunity to upgrade into a new Honda with a lower payment, increased factory warranty and little or no out-of-pocket expenses." There were a couple of asterisks after that sentence and in tiny print at the bottom of the letter it offered up some conditions like a 720 credit score. Whatever. I'm not buying another Honda or any other car for that matter. My god! Look how long it took me to decide what to get this go around. I seriously could not deal with making that decision again for heaven's sake. But what got me about the flyer was the beautiful picture of my house. MY HOUSE. It stopped me in my tracks, (my tracks were to the left of the dash a bit further down the driveway) I'll tell you, and it got me thinking a few things:

  1. Does Honda hire a photographer to go around to all Honda owners homes and take pictures of their house?
  2. Was this photographer aiming his Honda at my house? How difficult was that? Did he have to park in my neighbor's driveway to get that perfect picture?
  3. It says, Arriving at the Boos Home. Who is arriving at my home? Am I suppose to put myself in the seat of that Honda? Because I'll tell you right now...I'm NOT from Kentucky. I DO NOT park in my yard. I would arrive at the house IN THE DRIVEWAY.
  4. Is that my Honda dashboard in the picture because it sure looks like it. Seriously, someone took the time to download satellite pictures and then pictures of the dashes of cars that the people actually own? Is there an employee who does nothing but this?
  5. Why don't I have this job?
  6. Why am I not in the front seat of a different Honda? Say one this dealership thinks I should have based on my house and property? That could be a great bonus incentive. Pick the Honda you think these people will upgrade to and if you are right? SCORE.
  7. I think I'll call Honda and ask them to bring to my house a few cars I might be interested in. Because it says, Arriving at the Boos House. What? That doesn't mean you're coming to my house with new cars? Can you just imagine how much fun it would be to mess with that employee? I guarantee in Florida some elderly people aren't catching on to this flyer and are calling in asking questions. Why not me?
  8. We don't have that swing anymore. 
A friend of mine got the same letter only it was her Honda car driving up to her house. She was a bit freaked out about it and wanted to go into the dealership and scream for the manager. I hope she takes me with her if she does that because what a great blog that would be, but frankly, this is the world we live in today. Nothing is private.**

**Especially if you hang around me. Everything is blog-able.

1 comment:

A simple life said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! My favorite post yet!
I just bought a new Honda. And $40,000 later those rat b*st*ards haven't sent me any type of picture of my house or my little Honda. My van was so old, they probably don't even know what the inside of that type of van looks like anymore or have any pictures of it on file!
But that also made my decision to buy another one very easy. Well, that and the addition of the fourth kid....lol!
I still thoroughly enjoy reading your blog. One of the highlights of my day.
XOXO Jaimee