Monday, April 11, 2016

Who are "they"?

While on a road trip this past week I noticed that everyone in conversation would refer to "they" as in "they say, you should drink eight glasses of water a day" or "they say, you should eat more fruits and vegetables" or "they say, it's okay to over inflate your tires". So I wondered. Who are "they" these experts? I set out to find an answer.

Who are "they"?

Joyce  - "It depends on the subject being discussed."

Cara - "They are people in the sky who look down upon us and know all. Not God or angels, but people who are assigned this very task; to know all and to offer up advice."

Macie (10 yrs. old) - "People"

Kelly - "Experts, gossipers, and bloggers"

Mandy - "Hoda Kotb and Matt Lauer from The Today Show"

Darcy (16 yrs) - "The people in your every day life"

Evie (8 yrs) - "Imaginary friends"

Neighbor #2 - "The man in the moon."

Tom - They have to remain anonymous to protect their reputation"

Alex (13 yrs) - "Aliens with high superior knowledge and intelligence who send high frequency radio waves to our brains through our antennas ie. our hair"

SueG - "I am they."

Madison - "People from the Internet"

Neighbor #1 - "Wise men"

Anonymous - "If I tell you, I'll have to kill you."

I think I'll continue my research and branch out to strangers. Everyone has very different answers, and I'm finding it all quite fascinating. Stay tuned.

Joyce: "It seems like from all of those answers that we are all very gullible people."

No comments: