Sunday, June 19, 2016

Darcy's newly found travel journal from 2008

I have written many, many, many, many, many times about our travel journal, a notebook my friend Kelly and I insisted everyone should record in of our travels. Every time we got into the car or on the plane the book came with us. Until the day I couldn't find the book. When that happened, through a couple of vacations, other books were used. Those books seem to be stuck into drawers willy nilly, especially now that the official travel journal has been located. When I find these "other" pseudo travel books I immediately try to get them on the blog to have for future prosperity.

Recently, like last week, when I frantically needed a piece of paper I found one such travel notebook. There was no name of the child it belonged to, but seeing the nice, cursive handwriting was a dead giveaway. Well, that and the fact that Madison always fought us on writing in the travel journal. This notebook obviously belonged to Darcy and was in regards to a week long trip we took to Daytona Beach, FL in 2008 when she was ten years old. Here it is, as is, in Darcy's words because, well, all of the misspellings are just too adorable to correct. Although, there are some places where I see that I did make corrections and then eventually just gave up.

Monday - Datona Beach

today we got up. My mom took a hike to find breakfast; wile I got ready and waited for my mom to come back so we can go to the beach. When we got to the beach my mom took me out in the water. I did not like the high waves. After awile we stayed there for awile we went to the lazy river. When we went around a couple of times we went to the real pool. My sister and I went down the slide together. After that we went back to the hotel.


Tuesday - Daytona Beach

Today we went to the beach and I tryed the boggy board. it was scary at first but after I loved it. After awile I got a little sand toy out and played whith it. Then my mom took my sister and I to the Lazy River. We went around until we found Austin and Gabby. After we swam we came back and took a shower then went to kariocke. I sang three songs.





Wednesday - Daytona Beach

Today I went to the beach. The waves were very ruff so we didn't stay long. After we went to the lazy river and then went to the big pool. My sister found pooh in the pool. She and Gabby told the lifeguard. He said to check it agian (lol). Then we went to the lazy river again. When we were finished we went to play Family Feud. We were the Mason family. Guess what? We won! After that we went back up and ate dinner. Gabby and her mom took a long walk on the beach. When they got back they said someone was getting married on the beach so we went out on the balcony and watched it (they kissed). After that we went down stairs to the pool and played H2O.




There was a Thursday, but it was blank. The journal ended there. Apparently, Darcy's vacation consisted of the beach, the lazy river, and the pool with some games thrown in. Nothing written about our day in St. Augustine. Nothing about Austin's refusal to let his toes touch the sand. Nothing about Grandma Connie walking into the ocean with her cane and freaking out all of the people on the beach. Nothing about Aunt Susan buying a turtle that she was forbidden to take back home on the plane. We named him Toby.

Good thing someone else has the memories of that trip.

1 comment:

Susan said...

A wonderful trip and great memories for me! I'm still sad we didn't get a turtle though! teehee