Thursday, June 09, 2016

Tis the season for graduations

We were lucky this year with only two graduations locally, one high school and one elementary ceremony. The high school senior was a friend my girls met in pre-school. She fits right between my girls in age and grade so the three of them played very well together. She is going to study agriculture at Penn State University this fall with a double major including dance. We wish her the best luck!

Then

And now

Tuesday's graduation was for my charge. Her parents had to work so the girls and I attended and represented. It was chaos. One hundred and forty 5th graders who had been cooped up the day before with Tropical Storm Colin dumping rain. They were in no mood to listen to their teachers call names and hand out awards. I didn't care. I worked too hard to get this child on the Honor Roll so we sat there until her name was called in the gifted program. 

First the march through the halls of school 
while the lower grades high five and cheer


Honor Roll award

With her awards and diploma

We celebrated both graduations with food. The high school graduate had a party at the yacht club Saturday night where we danced and ate way too much food. Yesterday my charge graduated and then we went out to breakfast. Nothing says celebration like food! And now our summer begins...

No comments: