Wednesday, June 08, 2016

The longest birthday celebration

My kid knows how to party, at least around, on, and after her birthday. I thought last year was exhausting, but this year was right there. The one thing that came out of all this partying? We are SICK of cookie cakes.

Birthday Celebration #1 - With Family - My MIL was leaving the day after Darcy's birthday so she instigated this celebration. The two of them plotted it and the family met at Outback Steakhouse for dinner and the first (of many) cookie cakes.



Birthday Celebration #2 - With friends - The morning of her birthday she skipped school. It was final weeks and she didn't have a final that afternoon, and "claims" she didn't know she was suppose to attend school in the morning. Instead we went to breakfast with a group of her friends at one of our favorite haunts. There was on cookie cake, but there was pie.


Birthday Celebration #3 - At Home - We always celebrate the day of, or the night of, depending on the day of the week. I made her favorite dinner, angel hair pasta and sauce, and we had another cookie cake and opened all of her gifts.





Birthday Celebration #4 - With friends - This party she and her dad planned. I was invited via Facebook which I'm currently boycotting. I didn't find out about this party until I overheard her talking. Her friends thought it hilarious that I was the only one on Facebook who hadn't even "viewed" the invite. Just to be funny I finally viewed it and said I would "maybe" be attending. She had it at the beach like last year and she had a blast. About twenty kids showed up despite Tropical Storm Colin heading our way. The skies stayed overcast and the rain didn't come until the party was an hour past its end. This one had two cookie cakes and cupcakes. I didn't take photos of it because I missed it. I came to the party late and took a few pics.



We now have a lull between celebrations. I'm going to take full advantage of that and jump ahead on gift buying. Yeah, right. I just mailed off three gifts today, one of which is 6 months late. What is with all of these people and their birthdays?

No comments: