Sunday, November 06, 2016

2016-2017 NFL picks - week #9

  • Atlanta over Tampa - Not a bad game in the first half, but then the Falcons showed why I picked them.
  • Dallas over Cleveland - I'm impressed with what the Cowboys have done this year, hands down. I don't expect them to mess it up this week. I'll wait and let that happen next week.
  • Kansas City over Jacksonville - Okay, the Chiefs have convinced me.
  • Jets over Miami - Okay, I had the Dolphins up until I started putting all of this down for the blog, and then I got to thinking that maybe the bye will slow them down. Then I was sorry I changed my mind since they are at home, and have done so well since they played the Steelers. These two are evenly matched in statistics. A toss-up.
  • Minnesota over Detroit - Another one that I'm unsure of in my pick. The Vikings are at home and have lost two in a row, so I think the odds are more in their favor, but then Detroit has my boy Matthew Stafford, the comeback king.
  • Giants over Philadelphia - Hmmmm, I maybe should have changed this one, but the Eagles are up and then down, and then, what was I thinking?
  • Baltimore over Pittsburgh - It pains me to do that, it really does. I've only gone against my boys once before (I was right), but this "will Ben play or will he not" nonsense is not good. He shouldn't play after having surgery two weeks ago. The Ravens have lost four, FOUR, in a row. They are at home against a team they absolutely-truly-are-sickening-hateful against with a coach who is truly-batshit-crazy-in-his-hatred of us. They also have our old teammate Mike Wallace, the other Antonio Brown, who, of course, is playing like he did in his former Steeler days. He will want to kick our asses. No Ben? Poor little Landry Jones doesn't stand a chance. But, Go Steelers!
  • Carolina over Los Angeles - Go, Cam, go. Jeez, he has felt the wrath this week, but I hear him. More on that tomorrow.
  • New Orleans over San Francisco - I'm a believer in Drew Brees when he is on, and so far this year, he has earned some serious fantasy points for Darcy.
  • Green Bay over Indianapolis - This might turn into a passing fest today, but poor Andrew Luck can't stay off of the ground.
  • San Diego over Tennessee - Well, maybe Phillip Rivers comes out swinging and throwing to the correct jerseys, but then again, perhaps not. I've got Mariota as my fantasy quarterback because Ben has been out, and he is pretty consistent, but....yeah, now I'm second-guessing myself. Hmmm....
  • Denver over Oakland - I feel the Broncos are the better team despite the hype for the Raiders.
  • Seattle over Buffalo - One never knows which Buffalo team will show up, but I figure the Seahawks get a pumped-up speech from their coach this week after two crazy, low scoring games.

No comments: