Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Rocking New Year's Eve...next year

Last New Year's Eve during our celebration with friends, we watched the ball drop on Dick Clark's Rocking New Year's Eve show that is now hosted by Ryan Seacreast. One of the acts of the night was Flo-rida whose name alone makes me happy, not to mention his music. He performed Wild Ones with Macy Kate who was dressed in what I thought resembled a bathing suit with a half jacket and thigh high boots. She looked amazing, and she and Flo-rida jumped and pumped and sang their little hearts out, and maybe because I had consumed some champagne to ring in the new year, not to mention some other alcoholic beverages, and because I was wishing that I wasn't so fat, I told my friend Jan that come the end of next year I was going to be in good enough shape to wear that same outfit and sing that song.

Image result for dick clark new years eve 2016 flo-rida

And then, probably because I had consumed champagne and other alcoholic beverages, I wrote this out on a cocktail napkin and gave it to Jan for safe keeping for this year's celebration. Then I promptly forgot the whole damn thing. I know this because I didn't blog about it. For all I know, I forgot about it after I went to bed that night. All good excuses that I'm using because suddenly, a couple of days ago, while doing absolutely nothing that would have jolted this memory out of my brain's recesses, I remembered this promise. I remembered Flo-rida, the girl dressed in the old lady bathing suit bottoms who I mistakenly remembered as Fergie, and the cocktail napkin with my bet or promise or whatever I called it. I don't have the napkin and that part is a bit hazy.

I immediately took to Facebook where I wrote on Jan's homepage, "I have come to the realization that I will not be dancing in my tight, black shorts like Fergie on New Year's Eve. I hope you're not too disappointed. Maybe next year."

She, of course, responded as a true friend who understands would. "I am going to be very disappointed." And then she put a sad face emoji just to rub it in.

I'm looking at the whole thing as motivation for getting into shape for 2018. Maybe I'll buy the outfit first a few sizes too small and take video as I dance in it each month to show my weight loss, my toned body, and my jumping skills. I'm not letting this defeat me because one, I don't think Jan can produce the cocktail napkin, and two, I'm looking ahead and not worrying about the past. What a great way to end the year and start the new, huh?

I'm rocking already. Just not in that outfit. Yet. 

1 comment:

Susan said...

I can't wait to see you strutting your stuff next year! :)