Monday, May 23, 2022

2022 resolution check - four months

Oops, almost a month off, but here it is:

Every two months, I check in to see how I'm doing on my New Year's resolutions. This year I'm changing the way I score each check-in. I'm supposed to be working throughout the course of twelve months so the scoring should reflect that. I will score myself from 0-2 with a 2 being I did well. Each month the goal is to score a 20. 

Let's check in on how I did in the first two months:


  • To finish several projects I've started and haven't completed, including staying on Tom until we have completed our will - I'm not sure I remember the other projects, but no movement in getting the hubby toward drafting a will. I might just have to do my own without him. Score: 0

  • To establish a daily business routine with hours and keep to it - This one is tough when you work from home. There is the exercising and the writing business and then there is everything else that I'm responsible for--dog, laundry, cleaning, pool, dinner. Still, I've got a little routine going. Score: 1


  • Begin a healthy eating/workout regiment - Working out is YES, and healthy eating is so so. Score: 1.5


  • Create my author's website and increase my author's social media presence - No problem with my social media. In fact, I led an April social media campaign for our writer's group where I manage TWO accounts. But nothing on the author's website. Score: 1


  • Have a monthly dinner calendar, so I'm not struggling to know what to cook at night - This one I have done for five months and counting. Score: 2


  • To finish my mess, that is book one. Finish book three. Edit both. Learn the self-publishing industry - Cooking right now on editing book one but that's it. Score: 1


  • Eat weekly meals at a table and not in front of the TV - I would count this one as a win, although, depending on who is here and our tv schedule, I have faltered a few times. Score: 2


  • Go on several girl trips - So far, so good! Score: 2


  • Purchase birthday cards and prepare for sending out at the beginning of the month - Uh, yeah, that one dropped from the beginning. I have a list now of all the nieces and nephews I owe cards and gifts. Ugh. I don't know why this one is so hard for me. Score: 0


  • Get back to blogging on my personal site. - Catching up on that one. Score: 1

Total Score: 11.5 out of 20 - Better than the last check by .5. I'll take that as an improvement.

No comments: