Monday, May 02, 2022

Club Wyndham Kingstown Reef

 


This was my first time at the Kingstown Reef Orlando property. It is very colorful. Each building is painted a different pastel shade. It is also quiet. I'm not sure if there weren't many people booked or if they were all at the Orlando parks, but it was like we were one of a handful of visitors.

I booked a two-bedroom deluxe. I was put into a two-bedroom. Not sure if there is a difference, but our unit was more than adequate for two people. It was spacious, nicely decorated, and the chairs more comfortable than the last I've sat in at various Wyndhams. The couch, however, not so much. Do they want people to stay?


While Madison was out, I spent my days writing and my nights either reading or watching mindless TV. The first night I decided I'd finally use the master spa tub that is always in Orlando units. Not, however, in this unit. It makes sense. Who uses those tubs other than young children? But it was funny no tub was available when this time I went for a bath.

Despite being on International Drive, it is more on the backside of the crowds, and there are off roads to avoid traffic for getting to restaurants and the grocery nearby. I visited the pool only to look at it as we left for home because I thought it would be crowded during the day. I should've gone. Less than five people were there.

My unit wasn't as clean as I'm used to at other resorts. The shower tile was yellowed, the master bathroom floor had smudged dirt spots, and the stovetop was filthy. Both bathroom sinks had drainage problems, and the second bathroom's shower filled and drained slowly. Minor complaints that didn't bother me. I let the front desk know about the maintenance issues upon checking out. 

I'd stay here again.

No comments: