Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Halloween 2022

Oleg's family wanted to carve pumpkins, so I threw a pumpkin carving party. Everyone had to bring a pumpkin, and because we live in Florida and pumpkins only last about forty-eight hours, I waited to buy mine the day of the party. 

Big mistake.

I traveled all over the county looking for pumpkins and gave up an hour before the party. I sent Tom out. My friend SueG sent out her daughter. Results? We ended up with more pumpkins than we needed.







Still, the party was a success. We put out tables in the driveway and sweated our way through carving several pumpkins. Tom's sister Beth, visiting from Chicago, collected the seeds. She and SueG's daughter washed, spiced, and roasted them. Grammy MaryAnne observed and judged the winner. 

We were all pretty proud of our artistic abilities, including fixing mistakes. I hope this becomes a yearly thing.




Darcy:
"I hope I get invited next year."

Me: "Oops."

Sydney was the winner with the witch pumpkin.

No comments: