Monday, November 28, 2022

November Birthdays 2022

November is a big birthday month for us. First, my SIL has a birthday. A week later, I have one. Ten days after that, Madison has hers. We tend to party down all month long.

Oleg's family took me out for my birthday. We went to a restaurant called CaraCaras. I thought it was a joke when she texted me, but no, that's the name. The female chef is award-winning. It's a tapas place, and we tried all kinds of dishes. We had several drinks. We ate dessert. It was a delightful evening. Ten out of ten. The only people missing were my children. My favorite gift was a new laptop from the hubby.





For Madison's birthday, she suggested we have tea. The Ukraine family is big on tea, and since the birthday celebration fell on a Sunday, Madison didn't want anything significant since she had to return to work the next day. I took her suggestion, turned it into a tea party, and maybe went a bit crazy.
I bought some tea trays from Amazon, found a recipe for clotted cream, decorated in pinks and blues, made tea sandwiches, and offered a variety of teas. I also got to use some family tea sets and bowls I've never used before, but they fit the occasion. Madison told everyone to come in sweatpants.









The only downside to that type of celebration is a sugar overload. I definitely see why a tea party lasts for several hours. Ours, alas, did not. But, ten out ten, for originality and fun. 

No comments: