Wednesday, November 30, 2022

A lot to be thankful for 2022

Thanksgiving was great mainly because someone else cooked. This year we went with traditional since we hosted our Ukraine family, and since I didn't know the first thing about cooking a turkey and was in the last week of NaNoWriMo, Tom did the cooking. Bless his little heart.



They started the day with the annual Turkey Trot. I set the table and got out the china, much to the girl's dismay. Madison slept in. 

While we ate appetizers, I taught football to Oleg's mother and grandmother. The kids played some games. Tom slaved in the kitchen. 

Oleg made the pies again. Wine flowed. Darcy invited two guests. We all went around the table and said what we were thankful for, and by the time Oleg and his family gave theirs, we were all crying.





I'm not into hosting big get-togethers, but I enjoy them, especially when I don't have to cook! Next up - Christmas!

No comments: