Thursday, December 01, 2022

NaNoWriMo 2022

The month of November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). The goal is to write 50,000 words in the month. This was my third year, and once again, I made it!


This was by far my best NaNo. Not only did I prep in October with classes and plotting, but I joined a local NaNo group at the library. I met some new friends and met a writer I've engaged with on social media. We knew we both lived in Florida, but we had no idea we were this close! 

I wrote every day. It was surprisingly easy, and now I wonder why I'm not churning out books! Okay, well, it was challenging. I started well, hit a slump, got past it, and hung in by my fingernails to finish with 50,252 words. 

The novel is my fourth, and while it isn't finished, I've made a decent start. It's a Christmas romance novel with a grumpy/sunshine trope. I've very excited about it. 

A bunch of things got pushed to the side in the month while I wrote, including this blog, but I'll take some time off to catch up. Maybe.

No comments: