Saturday, December 31, 2022

Christmas 2022 wrap-up

Christmas Day was cold and wet. I loved it. I got to wear snuggly clothes I bought for my PA visit. we had the traditional breakfast casserole, cinnamon muffins from the can, and mimosas. It took forever to open presents. Jay worked on the roast that was as big as a newborn baby. Oleg's family arrived mid-afternoon. 




I liked the stockings best this year. Everyone went overboard filling those things, and we all received great stuff! 


Dinner was fabulous--as always with Jay in the kitchen. I was outvoted on using the china, so paper plates it was. After the feast, we played a human game of tic-tac-toe, which meant rearranging furniture in the living room, but we had tons of laughs. I got competitive and still want a rematch, but it will have to be outdoors, where we have more room. The game was suggested by Maryna. She played it with her English class for their holiday party. 




The weather finally turned warmer, so the rest of the week was spent at the family's rental on the beach. We played a lot of games. Ate a lot of food. Some swam in the pool. Jay and Ewan ventured into the cold Gulf. There was running and walking on the beach. A lot of consumed wine. 


We stuck with our traditions, including dinner at E&E. Since Nikita was off of school, he joined in many of our day and night activities. He's now immersed in the family, whether he wants it or not.




Always the pictures of the setting sun. This is the first time I've been this close to the beach since COVID. Crazy, huh?


Before the family left, Darcy provided excitement with some stomach pains that led to an ER visit. Our nearest hospital was a seven-hour wait, so I drove on auto-pilot to the one I spent many hours in with my mom. They were empty and not too happy to hear the other hospital was suggesting patients come to them.

The tests were normal. Within twenty-four hours, she was back to normal. 


When the family left at the end of the week, the house was too quiet. Colder, rainy weather moved in, matching all of our moods. The pandemic messed up many holidays. I'm thrilled we were able to get back on track. 


Until next time. Love you all!

No comments: