Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Vermont vacation - day five


We awoke to sunshine and a temperature increase and spent the day roaming the resort. There are supposedly miles and miles of hiking at this resort, from easy to hard to hike if you dare. Everything I read told me the trails were well-marked. I downloaded the map from my Smuggler's app, and still, we could not find the easy hiking trails to save our lives.





We could've asked, but we kept thinking we'd find them. We ended up on several trails, but they either brought us to buildings or circled us back to where we began. 



The starting point to many of the easy trails was a gazebo by the village center. The directions told us to walk toward different types of trees as if we were arborists. Once, it directed me toward two white blah, blah, blah (I don't remember the species) trees, and since there were two trees that looked the same, that's where I walked. Nothing. No signage. No trails. I kept making Tom return to the gazebo to start over. 






Still, the scenery was GREEN and lush and spectacular. I got in my steps.





That evening, we went to trivia night. I wanted to see if this one was better than the Smoky's mystery murder night, and while we had fun, it was done on our phones, so there was little to no social interaction with the other club owners.


We encountered a couple at the firepit who later appeared at trivia. They won both games and afterward, we continued our chat from the pit, talking about presidential ownership and Wyndham. They were in a presidential unit and said they were very nice. Later, Tom and I drove to those buildings. They definitely had a better view of the mountains.

We had gotten sandwiches from a stop-and-go gas station deli recommended to us by our plane guy for lunch. A step up from fast food, but nothing to write home about. After trivia, we weren't very hungry, so we returned to the resort and had some snacks before calling it a night.

No comments: