Monday, October 06, 2008

5 Rants on last week's TV viewing

#1 - ER - (Yes, I know this was on the week before, but I just got around to watching it this week....during the day.) How depressing. Why is it that "they" have to get rid of regular cast members by killing them off? Note to the producers: NOT EVERYONE DIES IN AN ER. And I should know. I spent time in enough of them two summers ago. I didn't see anyone die there. And what? Mekhi Phifer couldn't put in one more year of ER? Just couldn't squeeze out anything else in his acting?
Yes, it was well done. Yes, I bawled like a baby. The part where Pratt started crying silently when he realized what was happening was heart-wrenching. Frank rushing ahead and opening the elevator and patting Pratt's shoulder was touching. Poor Morris having to give the ring to Bettina was just so sad. But seriously....could these poor ER doctors have some happiness in their lives? For once>

#2 - Steelers Football - Thank god we had some offense for a change! Ben was getting out of the pocket quicker and releasing the ball...into the hands of one of our own for a change. We were moving the ball in the running game with our 18th string running backs. Good to finally see some football!

Unfortunately, despite the fact that I picked the Steelers to win, my partner in the office pool (and the financial backer) went over my head and circled Jacksonville for the win. Had Jacksonville won we had a good chance of winning the whole pot.

Kelly: "You might as well just take $33 and set fire to it! That's what just happened."

Going into the bye with a win under our belt and a 4 and 1 record? Priceless!

#3 - America's Toughest Jobs (another one I'm still behind in) - Bullfighting? What ding dong came up with that job as a good one for the contestants to work? I didn't like it. But how tough was my girl Sandy? The women rock on this show and Rie did not deserve to lose in a cheap job as Bullfighting.

#4 - Sunday Football - Good to see Peyton back.
Not surprised that Chad Pennington is winning in Miami. Hello? Something to prove there, Brett Favre be damned.
Knew I should have gone with the Redskins.
Glad to see Warrick Dunn getting some recognition and some running yardage.
T.O.'s news conference after his game? Seriously? "God did this. God did that. God made him good. He owes God." Invoking the good Lord's name is supposed to make his teammates and the rest of us forget his comments from last week? I'm here to tell you right now that God has bigger things to concentrate on then the Dallas Cowboys. And besides, everyone knows that God's boy is Troy Polamalu.

#5 - Survivor - Once again I'm screaming, "Have you never seen this show before?" Crystal in her strapless dress? Michelle whining about being picked last? For the most part, I've always enjoyed something about the show in the beginning, but other than Bob this group of folks has left me wondering why.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sorry to say I don't watch any of these :-( Brothers & Sisters or Life or The New Adventures of the old Christine - Now those are some shows I could talk about!!