Thursday, October 02, 2008

A Conversation with Kelly

Darcy is working on a paper in her Language Arts class on drugs. She has opted to write her paper on the dangers of legal drugs such as smoking and alcohol. Tonight at dinner she discussed some things with Kelly who said, "those are two subjects I know a lot about". The following are some excerpts:

# 1
Darcy: "You know, Kelly, if they took a knife and opened up your chest right now they would find ugly, black lungs inside of you."

Silence

Kelly: (sniffling) "If they took a knife and opened up your chest, Darcy, they would find you don't have a heart!"

#2
Me: "Darcy doesn't really understand the meaning of being addicted to something."

Kelly: "People who are addicted to something like drugs will do crazy things like steal to get money for their drugs. Some people even give away or sell their children for drugs."

Me: "I told her that her thumb was her addiction."

Kelly: "Would you give up your mother for your thumb?"

Darcy: "Of course I wouldn't!" (Looks over at Madison) "But I might give up her!"

#3
Kelly: "Would you rather not see your mom for 5 years or cut off your thumb?"

Darcy: "I'd cut off my thumb." (Holds up her other hand.) "Because I have another thumb!"

2 comments:

Susan said...

Classic Darcy!!!!! You really should write a book of her conversations! If only they could stay small forever.....

Kelly said...

I dont come off very nice-sounding in this blog.....