Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Florida Code

I received this email today and had to post it for all my Floridian readers. (I thought that sounded like I had tons of readers) It is so true!

Florida Code:
  1. When giving directions in Florida you should always start with the words, "take I-75 or take I-95"
  2. If you're a snowbird or a non-working retiree, you absolutely can not drive between the hours of 6 am and 10 am and 4 pm and 7 pm. This is considered to be rush hour and you're not in any rush.
  3. Freeways can only go north and south, not east and west.
  4. I-275 will always be under construction...that's the law. There is nothing anyone can do about it!
  5. A1A and ALT A1A are the same streets.
  6. We measure the distance you travel in time, not miles.
  7. If you miss your exit on I-75, I-4 or I-275, it's perfectly acceptable to back up.
  8. Every street in Florida has both a name and a number (IE Adamo = 60th,) just for the heck of it, and for the pleasure, we get from the reaction of visitors when we give them directions.
  9. Once the light turns green, only 3 cars can go through the intersection. Eight more go through on yellow, and 4 on red.
  10. Flip flops, tank tops, and baggy shorts are also known as business casual.
  11. English is our first and second language.
  12. It is perfectly acceptable to brag about the size of your generator.
  13. There is always a Walgreen's store across the street from a CVS on almost every corner.
  14. It's normal to sweat when you are putting up your holiday decorations.
  15. Learn how to dress in layers. It will be 95 degrees outside - inside any restaurant or business - it's 65 degrees.
  16. The same neighbor who smiles at you every day will be the first one to rat you out if you are violating water restrictions.



No comments: