Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I can see!

I have never had enough lighting in my living room. There is no overhead lighting and we've had to rely on lamps for years. My friend SueG's husband is an architect and she offered him as a consultant as to how to make our living room more seeable.

He suggested canned lighting and thus we began looking for electricians who could put in the lighting arrangement that our consultant suggested. The first estimate was high, but the guy giving it was hot. I voted for him.

The second guy never called back.

The third electrician promised to call back, didn't, and when Tom called him again he promised to call or come by. He did neither. He finally called again a few weeks later. He came in with a bid that was half of the first one and we hired him a few hours later. He had done work for my Steelers buddy Scott so we knew he did decent work.

This week the construction began. Our hired gun was supposed to be at the house to begin work at ten o'clock. He actually arrived at 2:30 PM without his promised sidekick. He had many excuses, worked until 6:30 PM and promised to return the next morning.

He arrived the next day, this time only 45 minutes later, with his sidekick, Jorge. They worked all day and they made me work all day. I ran to and from Home Depot picking up supplies and fixtures and a ceiling fan, etc. until I collapsed on the floor of said store in tears around 7:00 PM.



The work was finally completed that evening. They left and I cleaned (on my hands and knees) the horrible construction mess they left me until midnight.

Tom disliked several things including a wall mount and the canned lights we had put in. He corrected the construction job the next day, taking my place of running back and forth to Home Depot.

Everything was finished by 8:00 PM Saturday evening. I now have canned lights and can see in my living room.


We rearranged the furniture and it is like I have a brand new living room. I love it! Next up is finishing the study.

No comments: