Monday, June 01, 2009

We have a Wii!

Ever since I first played the Wii I've wanted one. I am a Nintendo junkie. I had to have the DS after I played one. I'm hooked on the thing. I play word games and brain age. I have two characters living their lives in Animal Crossing. I clean it after playing it and lovingly put it away in a protected case.

I heard the hype about the Wii. Whatever, I thought. I have the DS how much better can this Wii be? I don't need to be in front of the television. I'd rather sit in my bed or a comfy chair and play the DS.

All those thoughts went out of the window when I played the Wii. My friend bought one and she invited us over to play it. She and I played first. We boxed. We had no clue what we were doing so we had to play it over and over and over again until we had the hang of it. By the time we had finished our fourth game of boxing we were both covered in sweat and huffing and puffing. The kids took over, but each time they ended a game I jumped in and played it as well. I bowled. I played tennis. I pitched in baseball. By the time I woke up the next morning my entire body was sore from playing the Wii. I was hooked.

I had to have one. My husband wrinkled his brow and said, "We aren't getting a Wii. We don't need to be sitting in front of the television playing more video games." I tried to change his mine. I even begged. He held fast. We were not getting a Wii.

Yesterday all of that changed. My friend, Jyoti, brought me a present. I had spent the last week and a half taking her daughter in to our family while Jyoti was out of town on a family matter. I didn't do it for a present. I did it because that is what friends do, and because I dearly love Sarina and think of her as my third child. She was no trouble. She was better behaved then my own children. Jyoti still felt the need to thank me. She did so with a Wii.

I am so going to be busy tomorrow. Good thing old Scrooge is working!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thanks so much to Jyoti...I love beating you in bowling:))))))tee hee