Saturday, May 30, 2009

Schools out..........for summer

We said good-bye to the teachers, the parents and the students. A handful of kids are leaving the school and won't be back next year. The 8th graders, who have been with Madison since pre-school, graduated. It was an emotional day.....for me. The girls were just happy to start summer break.

We don't have too much planned for the summer. They both have summer reading lists and goals on reading. I'm planning some interesting homeschooling assignments. Madison will get braces. We have company coming in five days, and we are heading to Indiana in mid July. I'll do some teaching in the pool, and the girls are going to swim on the local summer team. We might get Tom off on a vacation in August, but for the most part we are hanging out at home in the backyard pool.
Each year seems to fly by now. After I first had my children it seemed to pass at a nice steady pace, but now it is passing at a rapid pace that I can't stop. My youngest turns 10 in less than four days. My oldest is heading out to a teen party tonight. My face is fuller and there are bags under my eyes. How did all of this happen?
I think for the next three months I'm going to try to slow down time. I'm going to try to make each day count with my girls. I'm going to practice patience. I'm certainly going to hold them tighter each and every day. I can't hold on to time, but I'll hold on to the memories we make this summer. And of course, I'll blog them all so that when my mind starts slipping I'll have something to remind me.

Happy Summer to everyone!




No comments: