Monday, May 18, 2009

And it is only Monday....

Phone Call #1

Me: "Hello, Kim, I have chipped my crown."
Kim: "Oh, no. Would you like to come in today?"
Me: "No, I have to take someone to the airport and don't want to have to worry about that."
Kim: "How about Wednesday?"
Me: "That would be great as I thought I had an appointment to have my teeth cleaned then."
Kim: "I have you coming in on the 9th for that."
Me: "Yes, I know. I have a card that says I'm coming in on Wednesday, the 21st, and then I got the card in the mail telling me my cleaning is the 9th. I guess you changed it."
Kim: "Huh. That is strange. Let me look here. Well, Cara, you came in last year on May 21st."
Me: "Oops. My bad."

Phone Call #2

Me: "Are you packed?"
Jyoti: "What? Packed? For the trip? Oh, just about halfway."
Me: "Halfway? Didn't you want me to take you at 1:00?"
Jyoti: "Yes....on Wednesday."
Me: "Wednesday? You said Monday."
Jyoti: "No, you suggested I go on Monday, but I made the reservations for Wednesday. Remember, I asked you if you could take me to the airport on Wednesday, and you said, 'no problem I only have something to do on Thursday.'"
Me: "No, I thought I had an appointment on Wednesday, not Thursday. But it turned out I was wrong. Only now I do have an appointment on Wednesday, but it is early in the morning. I have to get that chipped crown fixed."
Jyoti: (laughing) "You scared me there in the beginning."
Me: "Well, you told me Monday."
Jyoti: "No, I told you Wednesday."
Me: "I heard Monday. I even wrote it on my calendar."
Jyoti: (still laughing) "What do you have on Wednesday?"
Me: "I have that dental.....oh.....uh, nothing. I have the dental appointment written on Thursday."
Jyoti: "See! See, you told me you had something on Thursday."
Me: "Well, now I see what happened. I found that card and it said the 21st so I wrote it down on the 21st which is Thursday, but because the card says Wednesday I thought the 21st was Wednesday."
Jyoti: "Because last year the 21st WAS on Wednesday."
Me: "Oops. My bad."

2 comments:

K Anne said...

gosh could it be that cara heard something wrong? she never admits that to me...she always tells me that i said it wrong. hmmm....

Susan said...

Yuck! I can't believe you have to have your crown fixed...I thought once you have a crown you never have anymore problems with that tooth!!! Great, this is what I have to look forward to...I get my permanent crown next Wednesday, that would be the 27th:)