Saturday, May 16, 2009

Photo Archive - or more appropriately - Hairdos that come and go

It's that time again for old photos of people that read my blog. Today's photo gallery is my sister-in-law, Susan.

At first I thought this photo was taken in Indiana at Susan's house during her birthday. This is a piece of jewelry that a friend of mine's daughter made. I thought it looked like something Susan might wear (as I didn't own button-down shirts and you had to clip it under the collar) so I gave it to her as a gift. I assumed my father had taken this photo to send to me to show me how Susan liked the gift. But then I looked closely at the picture and realized this picture was taken in Florida at my mother's condo. I would say this was around 1995 or 96.



A lot of my pictures of Susan are at Christmas time in Indiana. In this picture, she was downstairs sitting next to my father and my grandfather. I cut them out as I didn't want to distract from Susan's beauty.

The most vivid memory of my sister-in-law in those days was the amount of time she spent in the bathroom on her hair. We made fun of her all the time, but by golly, she stuck to her guns and didn't let our heckling (or anything else for that matter) stop her from her routine.

Good thing she didn't or I wouldn't have had any great photos of her to post! I took this picture back in my days of following in my father's footsteps as a family photographer.



This picture was taken in Florida on another visit by the family. On this day we took everyone to the beach to walk around before having lunch on the patio at a restaurant on the beach. That is Madison she is holding. Madison and Austin were running all over the beach while we waited for a table, and since Susan loves the sand, salt, and sea we let her be in charge of rounding up the children when it was time to eat.

This is also around the time she started posing for my photos. Some of my brother rubbing off on her, I think.











Another Christmas photo, this one from 1992, and one in which I cropped out the other couch patrons, myself and my Aunt Helen.

Not sure what was happening in the picture, but I would guess not much of anything as that is how our holidays went in the frozen tundra of Indiana winters. We sat around talking, or working puzzles, or eating.
















This picture is one in which Susan has not done her hair or her face for the day. This is a getup and go morning. We are at the beach and obviously under a pier of some sort. This could be in Dunedin or Clearwater, but I'm not sure. I do remember the day was a tad windy thus we were taking cover.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Truly appreciate the trip down memory lane!! So glad you like to take photos of me otherwise I would have no photos of myself:) I think I will stay with the hairdo I have now for a while!! I like the post about Toby too...too funny about how long it took them to noticed!!!