Wednesday, May 20, 2009

5 Shows I watched this week

  • American Idol - I started out a Danny Gokey lover and ended up an Adam Lambert lover. While the finale wasn't up to other Idol snuff (Fantasia and last year's Davids) I thought both men did as well as could be expected considering the songs that were chosen for them. Seriously, they have got to get songwriters who write that last number for the artists who are left standing. Kara's song was not an Adam song, and I didn't think Kris did much better.
  • Glee - I read about TV all the time, but I had not read anything about this show. It was like Fox didn't have a clue what to put in the slot after American Idol. I only watched it because it looked odd and caught my attention. I paused the DVR and returned to watch it later. I'm so glad I did. I haven't laughed that loud or that long in months. A hysterical show that makes fun of other shows within its show. The rest of the episodes won't be on until fall, but if you missed this first episode you should check out fox online. You won't be sorry.
  • Scrubs - I thought it was a fabulous ending to a great show. Now I just read that the show isn't going to be canceled after all, which is quite annoying. Either way, Zach won't be back. He told me so....on Regis and Kelly.
  • Lost - For a woman that only caught up on this show this past fall, I am hooked. I thought the season ender was a good one that left me wondering, thinking, wondering, thinking. The best part? The writers and creators actually have a timeline to end the whole series despite the high ratings.
  • Survivor - I can't get enough of the show. I think it is still going strong, and finally, FINALLY, two contestants stood up to the jury and said things like, "Hello? This is a game. Damn right I lied my ass off, and if you didn't, well, that's the reason your ass is sitting in the jury." And Jeff Probst? Still sexy in my book.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yes, Glee is now me and Austin's favorite show...we laughed so hard and enjoyed it so much we can't wait to watch it in the Fall!!!