Friday, September 04, 2009

Can we really recreate the magic?

Because it is a three day weekend and because I'm working hard to use these Wyndham points that my mother has purchased for the family, we are heading to Orlando tomorrow. We are staying in a two-bedroom deluxe at Bonnet Creek located on Disney property. The same place we stayed back in May.

I invited my friend Sharon and her husband, John, and their two children because they live 40 minutes from Disney, because we haven't seen them in AGES, because their youngest is now crawling and walking when the last time we saw him he was practically just born, and because we were planning on seeing them this weekend anyway so why not have all of us vacationing together away from our homes.

Tonight Sharon and I were talking on the phone planning things for the trip when I mentioned a trip we had once taken to Disney together. She assumed I was talking about our trip with our children a year ago, but I reminded her that before kids, once long ago, she and Tom and I had gone off to Disney for the weekend. I told her that I thought we should do exactly what we did last time, take the same pictures, and compare them.

That, of course, got me digging through the photo boxes:



This was our first picture at Disney. Tom took it. This was way before Tigger got frisky and had to spend a few nights in jail. In fact, if I remember correctly Sharon and I might have gotten a bit frisky with the old striped animal ourselves. Maybe that whole thing was what started his decline.....
On Main street with one of the chipmunks. This was back in the day when the animals would just wander the street and children (or Sharon) could just run up and throw their arms around their favorite. Nowadays you have to stand in line and touching is at a minimum.

One of my favorite photos although I forget where this was...somewhere in Epcot, I believe. We were touring some exhibit and immediately Sharon was on the ground posing for this photo. This is the kind of stuff the two of us did when we were together. I made Darcy do something like this while on vacation this past month. I told her to act like Aunt Sharon. I'll have to show her this picture.
This was in our hotel room. We shared a room back then because we were poor and because we shared everything. Tom can't wait to recreate this picture. (Actually, he and John are hoping that we don't act a thing like we did back then, but the two of us? Not promising anything!)

1 comment:

Susan said...

the last photo looks kind of kinky...wish i was there!!!!!!!!