Monday, September 14, 2009

Random Thoughts

  • Why would Troy Polamalu let them put his face on the cover of the new Madden Xbox game? When I saw this cover back in July I moaned and began praying for his health. Didn't do a damn bit of good. Troy got hurt and is out for 3 to 6 weeks. Larry Fitzgerald, start drinking your protein shakes and taking your vitamins. The Madden curse is staring you down now.
  • Didn't Sarina Williams' parents teach her sportsmanlike conduct? She is one of my favorite tennis players, but her actions this weekend were horrid and uncalled for and she should be apologizing to the line judge, the US Open officials and the fans instead of excusing her behavior with, ".....in the heat of battle I let my passion and emotion get the better of me and as a result handled the situation poorly." Poorly is not the word I would have used.
  • If I were Jay Cutler and had behaved the way he did this past season in Denver, I would have come out yesterday playing the game of my life. Instead, Cutler had 4 interceptions and his whining face on.
  • I'm glad I didn't waste my time watching the MTV Video Awards where Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift's speech to tell the world someone else should have won. And I'm not impressed with Beyonce bringing her up later on stage to try to save the day. Faked or not it didn't benefit Taylor Swift in anyway. Let's pick on the country people? Whatever. She still has the highest selling rate of recordings this year overall. Country musicians tend to let their work speak for them.
  • Hines Ward will have a great game this next Sunday to make up for the dropped pass this past Thursday.
  • Why is it that football coaches are getting fatter? Charlie Weiss? Rex Ryan? Andy Reid? Do they even look at themselves in the mirror? Exercise?
  • Hurrah for Kim Clijsters! She helped give all mothers a big step up. And while we are at it another cheer for 17-year-old Melanie Oudin who just might give the United States something to look forward to. (Let's just hope her parents are doing their job in the sportsmanship category.)
  • Why the hell does the person running the football pool I'm involved in add 4 college games in with 16 NFL games? I've never cared for college football and now I'm having to watch it and learn from it just to try to win the pot.
  • Enjoyed the Sears commercial with Brett Favre making fun of himself. Lets hope he really does laugh at himself and can one day find something else to do.
  • Thank god there are still gracious and poised athletes out there that make up for all the whiners and tantrum throwers in the sports world. Roger Federer comes to mind. In his last loss he cried instead of threatening someone and cursing, and then he came back and kicked ass the next time he played.

No comments: